MASTER CLASS WORKSHOPS
Join Us April 9 and Learn How to Streamline Process, Reduce Costs & Boost Customer Satisfaction
April 9, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Master Class Workshops are in-depth programs that take an A-Z approach on specific subjects. After attending, you’ll go back to your organization with fresh, actionable ideas and strategies. Workshops are optional for an additional fee, and include boxed lunch and one additional break during the day.
Master Class Workshop: Refining and Improving the Omnichannel Model
Any company selling items online and through any other channel or channels is by definition an “omni” merchant. Most customers don’t understand or appreciate all that goes into meeting their rising expectations, so it falls to you to make that happen – without breaking the bank in the process.
While the concept of omnichannel is far from new, many retailers still struggle with execution, including integration of old and new systems, as well as people and process issues. Inventory management/visibility and order sourcing continue to be challenging, affecting the mix and allocation of store and FC fulfillment.
This workshop will once again bring together industry experts and retail professionals to tackle key aspects of the omnichannel operating model. Come prepared to be engaged and take notes as we plan to make this an interactive, deep dive learning experience with solid takeaways for attendees.
This Master Class Workshop will cover:
- Rising customer expectations – how do you manage them?
- The impact of dynamic marketplace changes on your strategy
- Prioritizing what’s fixable now and what’s down the road
- Tactical best practices: ship from/to store, BOPIS, ROPIS, etc.
- External partnership excellence: brands, providers, carriers, etc.
Vice President of IT Strategy
Merchant Operations Manager
Master Class Workshop: Affording Free Shipping: Playbook to Cut Parcel Shipping Costs Up to 25%
Merchants are seeing their profits squeezed due to increasing shipping costs. Your customers are demanding free shipping, while the major carriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS) keep raising rates. Imagine the impact of a 5%-25% reduction in shipping costs to improve your profit outlook. Impossible you say? Attend this interactive workshop to find out how. You’ll get a crash course on the tips, tricks and tactics of professional parcel negotiators.
Learn proven strategies to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes in negotiating parcel contracts
- Negotiate the best upfront discounts
- Mitigate the impact of hidden surcharges and GRIs
- Leverage statistical benchmarking data to compare pricing to peers
- Analyze parcel data to create negotiating leverage
CEO and Co-Founder
Master Class Workshop: Offering the Optimal Customer Experience
Giving customers a consistently excellent experience across channels is the mantra for retailers today. How much quality and consistency you provide at every touchpoint can make or break both your retention rate and profitability. To help you get there, this workshop will cover several key aspects of the customer experience. We’ll look at how to eliminate friction points, establish a mobile-first mentality in client engagement strategies and create a journey map aligned to those strategies. A panel of leading merchants will share their insights and best practices for aligning people, processes and technology to consistently delight customers, win loyalty and drive sales. This Master Class Workshop will cover:
- How to live by your company and department mission
- Recruiting, hiring, training and retention best practices
- The importance of live chat and text in client engagement
- Creating a culture focused on customer satisfaction
- Determining the benefits of AI vs. the human touch
Director of Customer Service Strategy and Insights
Director, Customer Care
Additional Panelists TBA
Master Class Workshop: The Fundamentals of Operations and Fulfillment
Whether you’re just starting out in direct-to-customer operations or you’ve been at it a while, this workshop will go over the basics and also provide a review for experienced managers. Strategies and tactics in DTC and omnichannel operations will be covered in depth, giving you practical tools for delivering superior call center and fulfillment services as a competitive advantage. We’ll place an emphasis on real-world examples as well as audience interaction and engagement.
The bottom line: You’ll come away with actionable ideas to maximize performance and operational efficiency throughout your front-end and back-end operations. This workshop is a must for anyone responsible for executing DTC or omnichannel fulfillment, from supervisors to executives.
Come prepared to learn:
- How to set up and execute your operations organizational plan
- What delivery service level/speed is right for you and your customers
- How to make the returns process as clear and simple as possible
- How to set customer care expectations and measure the results
- How to establish levels of authority to handle customers more efficiently
- About different upselling approaches and finding ones that work
- Best practices in receiving, vendor management, QC and more
- How to turn your call center into a profit center
- About how pay for performance can reward your top performers AND reduce costs